Quest 2 Excel, Inc. (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, store, use and distribute information through our software, website, documentation, and related services (together, the “Services”).
- 1. Consent. By using the Services, you consent to the use of your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement. Except as set forth in this Privacy Statement, your Personal Information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent. We do not actively collect Personal Information for the purpose of sale of such information in a way that specifically identifies the individual (we don’t sell customer lists). You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information at any time. However, withdrawing consent may result in your inability to continue using some or all of the Services.
- 2. Collection of Information. Personal Information When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or registering to use the Services, we may require you to provide your personal contact information, such as your name, company name, address, phone number, and email address (these are referred to below as your “Personal Contact Information”). When purchasing the Services, we will require you to provide financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, and the number of employees within the organization that will be using the Services (“Billing Information”). Your Personal Contact Information and your Billing Information are collectively referred to as your “Personal Information.” Data, Diagnostic & Login Information You may be able to create, upload, store or share information, data, text, graphics, video, messages or other materials using our Services (this is collectively referred to below as “Data”). Some of this Data will be stored and maintained on our cloud storage system, and some of this Data may be stored locally on the servers of your organization. If you run into technical errors in the course of using the Services, we may request your permission to obtain a crash report along with certain logging information from your system documenting the error (“Diagnostic Information”). Such information may contain information regarding your Operating System version, hardware, browser version (and .NET version information in case of Windows systems), and your email address, if provided. Additionally, certain login information may be maintained in a cookie stored locally on your personal computing device (i.e. not on a server) in order to streamline the login process (“Login Information”). Analytics Information As you use our Services, we may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons (“Web Site Navigational Information”). Web Site Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on our web site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked). Collectively, this information is referred to as “Analytics Information.” Geo-Location Information We do not collect any information regarding your real-time geo-location while using the Services. However, we may do so at some point in the future. We will request your permission before collecting such information.
- 3. Use of Information. We use the information we collect in the following ways:
Information Collected Use Personal Contact Information We use this information to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, for service improvement, and to address issues like malicious use of the Services. We may also use Personal Information for limited marketing purposes, namely, to contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services, to send you information regarding information about us or our partners, to identify your company/organization as a customer, and to use your company/organization’s name and/or logo on our website and in our marketing materials. Billing Information We may use credit card information solely to check the financial qualifications of prospective customers and to collect payment for the Services. Data, Diagnostic Information and Login Information We use this information solely for the purpose of administering and improving our Services to you. Analytics Information We may use your Analytics Information in conjunction with an analytics service such as Google Analytics to monitor and analyze use of the Services, for the Services’ technical administration, to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness, and to verify users have the authorization needed for the Services to process their requests.
If we plan to use your Personal Information in the future for any other purposes not identified above, we will only do so after informing you by updating this Privacy Statement. See further the section of this Privacy Statement entitled “Amendment of this Privacy Statement”.
- 4. Disclosures & Transfers. We have put in place contractual and other organizational safeguards with our agents (see further below) to ensure a proper level of protection of your Personal Information (see further “Security” below). In addition to those measures, we will not disclose or transfer your Personal Information to third parties without your permission, except as specified in this Privacy Statement (see further “Important Exceptions” below). As of the date of this Privacy Statement, we share Personal Information about you in respect of the Services with our business partners. We may also share Personal Information about you in respect of the Services with others within your company or organization (such as with the account administrator). Our servers are also located in third party datacenters in the United States and accordingly your Personal Information may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order, irrespective of the safeguards we have put in place for the protection of your Personal Information. Our business partners may include:
- Software developers
- Hardware vendors
- Advertising networks
- Analytics services
- 5. Important Exceptions. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law. We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with a corporate re-organization, a merger or amalgamation with another entity, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets or stock, including any due diligence exercise carried out in relation to the same, provided that the information disclosed continues to be used for the purposes permitted by this Privacy Statement by the entity acquiring the information.
- 6. Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your password, and safeguard your user name, password and personal credentials when you are using the Services, so that other people will not have access to your Personal Information. Furthermore, you are responsible for maintaining the security of any personal computing device on which you utilize the Services.
- 8. Retention. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you. We may retain certain data as necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally-identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. All retained Personal Information will remain subject to the terms of this Privacy Statement. Please note that if you request that your name be removed from our databases, it may not be possible to completely delete all of your Personal Information due to technological and legal constraints.
- 9. Amendment of this Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. If we decide to change this Privacy Statement in the future, we will post or provide appropriate notice. Any non-material change (such as clarifications) to this Privacy Statement will become effective on the date the change is posted, and any material changes will become effective 30 days from their posting on Link or via email to the account owner for your organization. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Statement applies to all Personal Information that we have about you and your account. The date on which the latest update was made is indicated at the bottom of this document. We recommend that you print a copy of this Privacy Statement for your reference and revisit this policy from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Services signifies your acceptance of any changes.
- 10. Access and Accuracy. You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
- 11. Contact Us. You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at:
Quest 2 Excel, Inc.
19925 Stevens Creek Blvd., Suite 100, Cupertino, CA - 95014
If you have a complaint concerning our compliance with applicable privacy laws, we will investigate your complaint and if it is justified, we will take appropriate measures.
Last Updated: January 3rd, 2014